Monday, August 11, 2008

Module 5: Google Maps

Unbelievable!  I have heard a lot of buzz about google maps lately, and my partner used it a week ago to downloaded directions from Hawthorn to Venus Bay, but I haven't used the site myself.  Many years ago someone showed me a satellite view of my house on a mobile phone, so I knew that such imagery was out there, I just haven't sought it out.  I completed the exercise of finding my house and getting directions from home to work.  I checked out the photos of the route too.  A picture tells a thousand words, no excuse for getting lost if you have this on your mobile phone!  
I wonder about the self editing capabilities of Google maps, to some extent you rely on others to enter the data correctly, which must leave plenty of room for error.

I read the wikipedia Google info, future generations will only know our planet as Google Earth.....  Its a Google take over.

No comments: